Statistical Consulting Help for Organizational Leaders and Academic Researchers
SCHOLAR is a statistical consulting group founded at the University of Central Oklahoma in 2009. The mission of SCHOLAR is to provide statistical consulting services to students, faculty, and staff at UCO, as well as industry and non-profit organizations in the community. SCHOLAR is primarily staffed by UCO students under the close supervision of faculty from the department of mathematics and statistics. We work collaboratively on client projects, fulfilling a need for statistical consulting services both on and off campus, and providing our students with the opportunity to gain experience with real-world clients and applications of statistical methods.
- Designing experiments
- Identifying trends
- Analyzing surveys
- Developing statistical models
- Interpreting results
On campus we have worked with researchers from various departments as well as administrative offices. From off campus our clients include large companies and non-profit organizations. Previous projects include:
- Neighborhood Services Organization – Used logistic regression to help NSO determine which applicants would be most likely to succeed in their program.
- Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies – Used data mining techniques to search for common phrases in participant’s responses following a labyrinth walk.
- Biology Department – Performed a repeated measures analysis of variance on experimental data concerning wound healing and aging.
- Sonic America’s Drive-in – Performed a time-series analysis of data from a customer satisfaction survey.
PAST PARTICIPANTS (PICTURES AND POSTERS)
Take a look at our students and their work starting here.
To schedule a consulting appointment, contact Dr. Tracy Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to explain your research, including any research questions or study goals. If you have already collected data, please be ready to describe the format and layout of the data.
Our students are selected from a variety of departments. We have worked with students majoring in mathematics, actuarial science, economics, biology, and forensic science, to name a few. The only requirement is the completion of an introductory statistics course. Our students typically work 5 to 10 hours per week and are closely supervised by faculty members from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at UCO. If you are interested in becoming a student SCHOLAR please complete and submit this application form.
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics, Box 129
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Dr.
Edmond, OK 73034
Directors: Dr. Tracy Morris & Dr. Cynthia Murray
Contact: email@example.com | 405.974.5218